“Nam omni doctrina praesto”– Learning for All, is our motto, or mission, and serves as a constant reminder of how we support our students and clients.
Associate Professor Danny Simms, Head of Faculty for Business and Leadership, was not what you would call a shining student example at school.
He struggled with the education system, and left school at 15 years of age with a firm belief he was not very smart. Learning, achieving diplomas and degrees and high-level positions were for the learning elite, not for someone like him.
He learned later in life that IQ was not the only measure of a person’s worth, their value, and what they could contribute to themselves, their families, their teams and an organisation.
This realization drove him, then and now, to create exceptional learning opportunities whereby everyone has the chance to learn, develop and shine.
Have you ever been told you are just not good enough, there are no chances for you to study and achieve a qualification – a better job, a better life?
We ensure that anyone who has the desire to learn and to develop their leadership, entrepreneurial, business and behavioural capability, and drive their own career success, has the opportunity.
Make no mistake, any student working through our degree programs will have to work hard and earn that qualification, but their learning experience with us will be tailored as much as possible to their individual learning needs to ensure the best chances of success.
We provide a very personalised learning and development experience;
- You will be supported every step of the way
- You will have personalised access to executive development coaches, and English/Academic support tutors
- You will not be lost in the crowd – You matter to us
Faculty for Business and Leadership
Danny Simms (Associate Professor)
Head of Faculty for Business and Leadership
Danny Simms is recognised as a subject matter expert in individual and organisational capability development, with a strong focus on learning & development within both private and public sector organisations and academic contexts. He maintains currency in capability development through research and application of broad, contemporary Learning and Development (L&D) methodologies; Design Thinking in Learning/70:20:10/Learning in the Flow of Work, that support e-learning, virtual and augmented learning, and enhanced, face-to-face learning experiences.
Danny has an eclectic capability-development and academic skill base, broad management experience, and an extensive background in the design, delivery and management of learning opportunities that create sustained and positive change and results.
Danny’s recent appointments and achievements include Associate Professor and Head of Faculty for Business and Leadership and the design and delivery-management of internationally recognised Bachelor’s, Post Graduate Certificate and Master’s degree programs in Leadership and Management.
As a practitioner of organisational development (OD) organisational behaviour (OB), behavioural and learning neuroscience principles and methodologies, Danny has undertaken research into best-practice learning opportunity design, written and presented papers at conferences, and has had his research published in academic journals.
Using Communication Models to Design Effective Elearning
UARD Leaders - Programme Director Danny Simms
- Capability Development Framework design and implementation – Capability Development Mapping Methodology CDMM© and Organisational Growth Equation ©
- Instructional design and development of leadership and broader individual and organisational capability development programs (online, blended and face-to-face) that create sustained results – Competency Gate Learning Model CGLM©
- Highly developed communication and facilitation skills – verbal and non-verbal
- Impactful coaching (individual and group)
- Highly developed cultural, diversity and inclusiveness awareness and sensitivity
- Masters Level Programme in Leadership and Management
- Master in Organisational Development and Training (ongoing)
- Bachelor Level Programme in Leadership and Management
- Diploma of Paramedical Science (Ambulance)
- Diploma of Leadership and Management
- Certificate IV in Leadership and Management
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- Advanced Diploma in Teaching English as a Second Language (TESL)
- Certified REACH Practitioner
- The Capability Development Framework; Capability and Culture Identification, Mapping & Development: UARD Applied Research Papers Vol 1(5), Sep 29, 2021
- I-LEARNING – AN EMPOWERING ADULT LEARNING PHILOSOPHY FOR EDUCATORS: A DISCUSSION PAPER Publication date: Feb 15, 2018 GSE E-Journal of Education
- Compass Management – A Leadership Methodology Publication date: Feb 10, 2018
(#Compass Management is currently under trademark approval with the development of a leadership development resource book)
- Your Compass Management®
- Capability Development Mapping Methodology (CDMM)© trademark under review
- The X Minute Principle© trademark under review
- Organisational Growth Equation ©
- Competency Gate Learning Model ©
Dr Shaunta Scroggins
Dr. Shaunta Scroggins is the founder of the Center for Legacy Driven Leadership, a training hub providing the tools for sustainable leadership to individuals, organizations, and corporations through theory-driven leader development and curriculum design. She is also the founder of Spin Silk Consulting, where the specialty is early-stage idea formation and thought development.
Dr. Scroggins holds a B.A in International Business from Dillard University, a Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Curriculum and Instruction from Regent University, and an earned doctorate of Education (Ed.D.) in Educational Leadership from Dallas Baptist University.
Please click here to review the rest of our contributing faculty
Dr. B.K Simerson, Ed.D
Broad-based and multifaceted experience:
- Gained industry experience functioning as an executive in two multi-site health care systems, an oil and gas giant, a municipal police department, and a state criminal justice agency.
- Has more than two decades of experience providing consultation, executive coaching, and strategic conversation/meeting facilitation to global Fortune 500 corporations, leading professional services firms, top-tier colleges and universities, NGOs, and professional associations.
- Is an instructor in Northwestern University’s MSLOC program where he teaches graduate-level courses in strategic leadership.
- Owns a small consulting practice and is affiliated with several management consulting firms.
B.K. has provided consultation, strategic meeting facilitation, training, and executive coaching to institutions of post-secondary education, branches of the U.S. military, foreign and U.S. government agencies, professional services firms, and to clients in the automotive, heavy construction, electronics, industrial supplies, heavy machinery, rubber, paper, medical devices, energy, food processing, engineering, business-to-business merchandising, chemical, theatrical production, product design, manufacturing, publishing, and hospitality industries.
B.K. has helped develop and implement a strategic plan for a $6 billion professional services firm, led integration teams for the merger of two oil and gas industry giants, helped a leading management consulting firm implement a new approach to consulting, helped refine the client consulting framework and create an electronic “consulting toolkit” for a “Big-5” professional services firm, established internal-consulting organizations in two leading health care systems, helped lead an internal-consulting organization within a $40 billion oil/gas company, served as a global HR leader in a top-tier professional services firm, and has provided strategic leadership coaching and consultation to executives in a variety of industries. His work has impacted organizations in a significant way: he helped an oil and gas company realize double-digit $MM savings on costs associated with its supplemental workforce; B.K. helped a tertiary care medical center attain double-digit gains in its patient satisfaction ratings; he helped an internal consulting organization, while maintaining headcount, realize double-digit gains in efficiencies.
B.K. has consulted, advised, and presented throughout the United States and in Great Britain, Canada, Argentina, Mexico, Germany, Italy, Bermuda, Singapore, Iraq, Poland, France, and the Netherlands.